Friday, June 12, 2009

Hold on to Your Dreams

Dreaming and setting goals is always laudable, it's always good to do. When I mentor the kids at the high school its one of the first things we talk about; goal setting and planning. We also talk about failing at our goals. So if there is a chance that we will fail, should we then not set the goal? Those who truly fail are the ones who never begin. So you fail, so what. Pick yourself up, set a new goal and keep going. The growth comes from the process, not the end result.

You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away

Build it anyway

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way

Dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray..it don't always turn out like I think it should

I do it anyway, I do it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away

Love them anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in
That tommorow they'll forget you ever sang

sing it anyway

I'll sing, I'll dream, I'll love
anyway

(from Martina Mcbride, anyway)